Saturday, July 9, 2011

Classic Lazy Blogger Post

I just saw that my last blog up date was in May..... I said, MAY. Ugh (also a classic lazy blogger term!).

I owe an apology to my loyal readers, all seven of you. This has been a tremendous time for me. I just raced the tour divide, a self supported mountain bike race from Canada to Mexico. It was quite the under taking. I originally did it to prove to myself that I was mentaly stronger than the weakness that my disability gave me. It turns out I was right and wrong (more on that later!).

Also, Liz and I are finally having our honeymoon!

With family in town over Christmas for the wedding and medical school interview season, we just couldn't finagle a honeymoon. On the other hand, now we can!

So far we have chilled in Vegas for the Fourth of July, hiked the Zions Narrows, and mountain biked in Moab. Next up is the Grand Canyon and a family wedding in Vegas.

This summer has been perfect for giving myself some perspective as I transition from cop to doc.

I plan on writing a day by day account of the Tour Divide along with daily video journals that I made on the trail. I also plan on posting about my tour divide set up and gear as time allows. Up until now I haven't posted about bikepacking because I felt like I didn't really have room to talk. Now however, I feel like others might be able to glean from my experiences out on el trail-o (that's Tex-Mex for 'the trail').

Here is a photo from my cruise into the Tour finish. I hadn't had a shower for about eight days at this point....



Ok, I guess I can't load photos from my phone. Never fear citizen, plenty of Tour multimedia to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment